World Blood Donor Day 2016 - "Blood connects us all"
Year 2016 them of World Blood Donor Day is "Blood connects us all". It emphases mainly on thanking blood donors and focuses on "sharing" and "connection" between blood donors and patients.
- - Thank blood donors for their life-saving donation and highlight the theme which blood connecting us all
- - Create population awareness of the need for regular, unpaid blood donation, and motivate those who have not yet donated blood
- - Promote and highlight that life can connect by donating blood
- - Focus attention on blood services as a public service
- - Importance of community participation for a sufficient, safe and sustainable blood supply
Host for World Blood Donor Day 2016 - the Netherlands
The host country is the Netherlands and cordinate it through Sanquin, the national blood supply organization. The global event held in Amsterdam on 14 June 2016.
World Blood Donor Day 2016 - Sri Lanka