2. Screening collected blood for transfusion transmissible infections, processing whole blood into components & storage of blood and blood components under optimal conditions.
3. Distribution & issue of blood & blood components within blood banks and efficient inventory management
4. Promotion of appropriate clinical use of blood & blood components through hospital transfusion committees and by continuous educational programs
5. Clinical services therapeutic plasma exchange, HLA typing and provision of HLA matched products on request, reference immunohaematology laboratory
6. Manufacturing laboratory reagents and reagent red cells
7. Conducting training programs for post graduate trainees on Transfusion Medicine and Haematology